Saturday, April 8, 2017

Big Data in My Future

04/08/17

Hey Everyone,

As I enter the month of April, college has become a reality for me, choosing where to go and discovering who I want to be. My time at Dignity has really given me a glimpse into the world of big data and developing large systems for use in an environment like healthcare, and I am loving it.

I hope to study computer science at whichever institution I call home for the next four years, and I know that I could apply this to a future in big data. It has already grown its way into companies and infrastructures across the world, but I know the opportunities our endless with this way of managing information in the digital age. I think it could easily revolutionize every aspect of our daily lives, from the healthcare changes I see at dignity, to the extent we understand ourselves.

To me, big data is a door into a realm of analytics that will pave the future to understanding our world. I could easily see myself diving deeper into big data as I go through college or even after for my career. It is amazing that I discovered something I am truly passionate about, in my internship I can easily see how big data is improving the ways that patients are cared for and how physicians operate.

I may not be tied to the idea of developing big data for healthcare, but I can see possibilities for the application in nearly every scenario to improve our understanding and efficiency.


No comments:

Post a Comment