Saturday, April 22, 2017

Twitter Analytics UPDATE

04/22/17

As I have progressed with many different projects over the past month, one that fell a bit by the wayside was my Twitter analytics program. Now, I have begun to kick it into high gear removing as many bugs as I can and essentially creating a working prototype of what we can do with twitter tracking. I can read the Twitter feed and write ALL the data to a .csv file which I can then import into an external program in SAS that can provide word clouds and the same sentiment analysis I was aiming to get through Google. I am attempting to secure a Google cloud account as to implement their sentiment analysis into the program itself to make it all seamless, but I am not able to do it at my internship due to their restrictions on personal account use. At the moment, I am refining it to make sure I can produce the results that can highlight the power of sentiment analysis on social media. I will be able to include some of my results in my final presentation, if anything using the SAS visual analytics tool to create some visual word clouds and present the sentiment analysis.

I am proud of what I was able to do and hopefully I can create a demo in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment